Saturday, August 9, 2008

Stranger things have happened- Inspirational

Posted by astuti at 6:22 PM

A friend of mine sent this song for me to listen to; and it immediately became my new favourite… Ofcourse it's “Stranger Things Have Happened” by Foo Fighters.

I just love the lines in this song… Some of them are “I’m breathing in the silence like never before”…. It’s an emotion that’s so beautiful you can’t help but identify with it…

“I’m not alone dear loneliness” “Dear Loneliness?” Wow! Isn’t that a lovely use of Irony? It inspires me to speak to my feelings. I wonder if it does the same to you.

“I can change, I can change, I can change, but who do you want me to be?” How many times have I felt this…? Yes I can change, but change into what? And if I am like others who will be like me?

Like I said before I really did love this song. As self obsessed as I am about my feelings, my likes and myself in general, I can’t help but think, is this what life has in store for us?

1 comments:

Roy on August 11, 2008 at 11:04 AM said...

Yeah, Dave Grohl sometimes writes so amazing lines:

One of fav, of course “Razor”

Patience, my dear
We could spend a life time waiting here
Maybe this time
I hope i get the chance to say goodbye


Can change, but who do you want me to be?”


Yeah, great line. I remember one song, it sounds like:

Yes, I can change myself and be somebody else
But my love, I don’t wanna do that?
Coz then I hv to change my heart too
The heart which wouldn’t be the same …
Same as loving you madly.
Yeah, I can change!

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos