Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spiritually Speaking…

Posted by astuti at 3:52 PM

How many times have you felt a sense of complete despair? How many times do you feel your life’s not going anywhere and that some direction would be appreciated? How many times do you feel a need for Supreme intervention?
Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray…

Before I move on, I would like to warn anyone who does not believe in God, to not go any further. This piece of work, kind sire’, was not written for you. So please go ahead and find some thing else to read, No offense taken!

I am a strong believer. I believe there is a Supreme Being out there, who takes care of all of us. Who’s stronger than any of us; and looking at the things we do. I have a superstitious belief that he’ll know when I am being bad. I know you think it’s just my “Conscience”! But it’s not my conscience alone, believe me you- it’s far more than that. When I am doing “Something I shouldn’t be doing”; my conscience is supposed to make me feel guilty right? But then when events happen that wouldn’t have happened otherwise, you have to believe there is someone taking account of what you’re doing.

I don’t say everything we do is controlled by this someone. There obviously is a system of “Free Will”; but just as certainly there is, what I call the control system. Metaphorically speaking, we are like a cow tied to a tree by a rope, and can go just about anywhere till the rope permits; but only till that. The ultimate control is with someone else. So he’ll allow you to make your mistakes, but will not allow you to go way beyond what’s in your destiny.

So the question I'm getting at is, if he controls what I do and knows what I’m meant to do, why can’t he make life easier for me and show me the way when I am feeling a sense of despair…. When will he lead me on to "my" direction? When will he really intervene?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog and found this piece worth sparing a thought. Just one simple question:

If one remains within the boundaries of the rope, would it ensure that life being tied to the tree would be PERFECT ?

astuti on September 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM said...

Sorry for the delay in reply. I believe "Perfection" is over-rated. What's perfect to me, might fall short of the same for someone else! It's a very personal feeling which cannot be quantified... So what I'm sayin is "If one remains within the boundaries of the rope, it would ensure that life being tied to the tree is as close to PERFECT as can be!"

Anonymous said...

Agreed to your concept of "Near to Perfection"

But if SOMEONE has that ultimate control on our life, WHY is the CONTROL FACTOR exhibited only on the things we want to do. Where is HE when we are down in the dumps and things just keep going from bad to worse, HE does not wish to keep things under "HIS CONTROL" then ?

astuti on September 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM said...

Hi Again.
Like I said earlier ther really is a system of "Freewill". You have a freedom to move in the direction of your choice- the concept of Parallel Life in Quantum Physics might interest you! Give it a though some time... What it says is "Every choice you make could take you into a parallel life"! :)

And HE can't live your life for you... HE can guide you, send you signals or intuitions but not make you do something you dont wanna do!

Also if you read my ending to the article again, it says... "So the question I'm getting at is, if HE controls what I do and knows what I’m meant to do, why can’t HE make life easier for me and show me the way when I am feeling a sense of despair…. When will HE lead me on to "my" direction? When will HE really intervene?" So I guess I don't have all your answers?!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos