Friday, September 26, 2008

Women love being in love. More often than not; they are in love with the feeling and not with the person it’s generated for!

Posted by astuti at 12:54 PM

I wrote this post, as a guest author for a blog-friend. But couldn't stop myself from posting it!





I am a woman and proud of it! I am not saying all women are like me, just that there are a-lot-of-women out there who really are like me, and would agree with the statement!!! (Do you think its a little harsh to say this when poets all around the world write such beautiful poems on love? Do you think I am only saying this because I am not a romantic?) Some facts: Pisces, Happily-married and not jilted, I really believe that "the most important relationship in your life is with yourself!"; So seriously you are not dealing with a lunatic here!:)

Before I go any further, let me just say- Hey this is not a critical article on women; oh no! I am too much of a feminist to ever do that!!! It's just an attempt to make men understand the complex-psyche of ours: The 'wow!'men. (Please note the exclamation mark!)

Ok, there's no doubt about it, women are complex creatures who can make themselves believe whatever they want to, when they set their mind on it! Be it their oh-so-lovely dress, much-needed make-over, their purrrrfect lurvvve or Awww-so-adorable babies! Don't the adjective just needs to be there..? How can we live without the interesting exclamations in life!!? It's like a breath of fresh air... It's what keeps us going... How can we not work on making our lives interesting? Seriously, don't we all believe that the word "BORING! was just not made for us!!!"

I live in this make believe world of hopes and dreams that are just slightly out of my reach. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get there! But ask me if I would ever own up to it? And my immediate answer will be "Nope!" I believe I am not extraordinary... I believe most women like me think the same way... they might not decide to write about it... But deep down they believe it too!!! So going back to the original statement of the post... "Women love being in love. More often than not; they are in love with the feeling and not with the person it’s generated for!"

I believe:

"She’ll be the first to know the imperfections in her relations but will ignore it. She’ll believe anything he says; knowing he doesn’t mean a word. She’ll do anything for him; knowing he might never do a thing in return. She’ll bleed, she’ll lie, she’ll cry just to have him in her arms for a night!" I hate to say it; but that is the real essence of womanhood! Seriously Guys we are not in love with you, just the feeling that you generate in us, when you are around!



Not a romantic... Nor a cynic... I call myself A.S.T.U.T.I. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please
And to a man
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees
Then they swarm around me
A hive of honey bees.
I say
It's the fire in my eyes
And the flash of my teeth
The swing of my waist
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman.
~ Maya Angelou

Anonymous said...

Very True. Women love the feeling and the not the person who makes them feel that way.

I wonder if it is a good feeling if you are a guy to experience this. Seems like there is no value attached to the guy. If he makes a woman feel good today, hez a nice guy. If he makes her feel bad, hez a bad guy. A guy is also a human, and so can make others feel both good or bad, it is human to be that way (isn't it).

That does not "change the guy". Does it ??

astuti on October 14, 2008 at 8:38 AM said...

I agree! but I'm a woman and I am trying 2 be honest here... :)

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos