Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Save the Best for Last

Posted by astuti at 6:04 PM



There are some songs we just love, don't we? I want to share one of my favourite songs and why I simply love the lyrics... It's written by Vanessa Williams and titled "Save the Best for last"


"Sometimes the snow comes down in june
Sometimes the sun goes round the moon
I see the passion in your eyes
Sometimes its all a big surprise
cause there was a time when all I did was wish
You'd tell me this was love
Its not the way I hoped or how I planned
But somehow its enough"

For me this is Passion personified! Quite literally. On one hand is the Unrequited love that the lady has just not given up on and on the other is her untold need for the same which takes her to such an extent that she's ready to compromise and have it, any way she can! Isn't this a classic woman trait? Just what women do. We love completely and when we love it's forever. No matter what the terms!

"And now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last"
Things happen that we never foresee. Things that make us believe in the glory of love and keeps the mystery alive. Just when she had started believing in her unfulfilling love here he comes "her Knight in Shining Armour"... Yes this world really is a crazy place!

"All of the nights you came to me
When some silly girl had set you free
You wondered how you'd make it through
I wondered what was wrong with you"

Like I said- have him in any terms huh? They are not your terms naturally. 'Coz when you love, you loose the upperhand to the one who's being loved. So I am wondering what's wrong with her!

"cause how could you give your love to someone else
And share your dreams with me
Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see"

This is my favourite line in the whole song. I think it's completely beautiful and explains my sentiments to the "T". Really... how could he give his love to someone else And share his dreams with you?" I think all women should definitely ask themselves this, the next time they are hoping to be in a relationship with someone whose already in another?

"And now were standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last
Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you cant see
Sometimes the snow comes down in june
Sometimes the sun goes round the moon
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last

You went and saved the best for last!"

Ok I'm sure you guys are wondering if I really love this song? Actually I do. I love anything that inspires me to think. And this song sure does that; and very beautifully.

5 comments:

Roy on September 11, 2008 at 12:23 PM said...

Hi A.S.T.U.T.I.

I never had a close attention to this song.

But the way, you hv presented it, I hv to give it a shot again.

Hey, I liked it – "I call myself A.S.T.U.T.I."

And yeah, eager to know the acronym of “A.S.T.U.T.I.” :|

Cheers.

astuti on September 12, 2008 at 11:40 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
astuti on September 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM said...

Hi Roy. Thanks for the compliMEnt? I am wondering if you're really wanting to know or just bein polite... :)

But well Astuti means "prayer with praise of lord". it's actually a combination of two Sanskrit words "Astu"- Praise and "Stuti"- Prayer.

Atleast that's the way I like to think of it! :P

Roy on September 13, 2008 at 2:46 PM said...

***if you're really wanting to know or just bein polite... :)

Hmmm, you are very good learner. Thanks for the “royal teasing”

Well, I hv a great regard for the people who wear their soul … knows how to speak their heart.

*** Astuti means "prayer with praise of lord".

wooow, it’s really very meaningful name. I knew abt “stuti” but not about the “astu”

Btw, if somebody just “name” your name, he never need to go to mandir. Just saying your name would be enough to god for “prayer with praise”

Aur haan, I asked you to expand the acronym:
A=
S=
T=
U=
T=
I=

Cheers.

astuti on September 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM said...

Hi Roy,
Ahhhmmm... Thanks I guess.

=============
I hate doing acronyms... Find it quite kiddish actually... Reminds me of when we were kids and PIG meant Pretty indian Girl & IDIOT meant I'll do ishq only tums... Ewwww!!!! lol those really were the days huh?

If you insist I'll have to say
Assertive
Sensitive
Tolerant
Unusual
Trustworthy
Intuitive/ Indulgent Human

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos