Friday, June 13, 2014

Ready for a new life...

Posted by astuti at 5:50 PM
As I ponder upon all the things in my head for so many days- a lot of thoughts come into my mind but most are just quotes I have heard & read over the years... I think of what I want to do going forward? How I'd like to live? The things I want to do... Places I want to travel... Passions I want to exercise and I automatically know the right answer to it is "what's stopping you?" 

So here's a random musing... Putting words out ther so it makes sense to me some way... Cause that's what I do. I write when I can't sort things out...

#Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

#Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.

Chuck PalahniukInvisible Monsters

#We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are. Sane or insane. Saints or sex addicts. Heroes or victims. Letting history tell us how good or bad we are. Letting our past decide our future. Or we can decide for ourselves. And maybe it's our job to invent something better.

Chuck PalahniukChoke

#Why not? It's true. My best hope is to not disgrace myself and..." He hesitates.

And what?" I say.

I don't know how to say it exactly. Only... I want to die as myself. Does that make any sense?" he asks. I shake my head. How could he die as anyone but himself? "I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I'm not."

I bite my lip feeling inferior. While I've been ruminating on the availability of trees, Peeta has been struggling with how to maintain his identity. His purity of self. "Do you mean you won't kill anyone?" I ask.

No, when the time comes, I'm sure I'll kill just like everybody else. I can't go down without a fight. Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to... to show the Capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their Games," says Peeta.

But you're not," I say. "None of us are. That's how the Games work."

Okay, but within that frame work, there's still you, there's still me," he insists. "Don't you see?"

A little, Only... no offense, but who cares, Peeta?" I say.

I do. I mean what else am I allowed to care about at this point?" he asks angrily. He's locked those blue eyes on mine now, demanding an answer.

Suzanne Collins 

#It is easier to live through someone else than to complete yourself. The freedom to lead and plan your own life is frightening if you have never faced it before. It is frightening when a woman finally realizes that there is no answer to the question 'who am I' except the voice inside herself.

Betty Friedan


Enough with the quotes... get on... Say what you must ehh? But that's the problem, there's nothing to say, yet there's so so much. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos