Saturday, February 19, 2011

7 Khoon Maaf: My personal take. :)

Posted by astuti at 7:33 AM
I read this review, on Idiva after watching the film and it summed up the film for me pretty well. What I'd like to say is of somewhat similar nature, so I'm not going to repeat most of it. :) Want a decent review? Read it here:
http://idiva.com/reviews-entertainment/movie-review-7-khoon-maaf/3304


So what do I have to add eh? PC's acting in definitely mind blowing (in places). I won't be surprised if she bags an award or two for her role here. She has gorgeously played emotions that's a psyche of any normal woman! No woman is sweet or bitchy always. She is generally moody, highly ruled by emotions and a very complex creature. She can be passionate, a tool for jealousy, bitchy, vindictive and yet truly naive and sweet-natured. PC plays this brilliantly, almost to perfection. 


There are a few dialogues in the film that were border-line too strong for Indian Men. :) Not something that'll go down easily I'm afraid! The sequence where PC's explaining to the gullible Vivaan that "There's no woman on earth, who at some point or the other, has not thought about ways to kill her husband!" is one such moment. It truly brings out one of the best possible performance of the lady in question and is easily the best scene in the movie.


The director also captures the cardinal sins of the beaus in a very believable manner. Love the way, the concentration is never on the men; but on the disappointment PC faces in each of her relations. Its completely women-centric and a raw-un-edited look into her psyche! Are men really ready for it, I wonder? :)


I'm afraid, the movie won't do well on the BO though; because it most definitely is not your usual scene! Men hate thinking, they can be disappointing as individuals to their wives, so there goes half the audience. Plus 'wife killing 6 guys she marries; in want of true love!' is most definitely not every woman's cup of tea. :) The movie is not unbearable, mind you; though I'm sure men might have a different take on it! :) Also the lovey-dovey couples will not go for it either! Its a disillusion that only creeps into a relation after oodles of reality checks. 


The film is intense like most Vishal Bharadwaj movies generally are! So go see it, only if you have the detachment to leave your romance at home, and are ready to feel with her- her want of true love, her dis-illusions, her desperations, her pain! 'coz the film is almost like living another lifetime (that of a married woman).




2 comments:

Swanti said...

Not sure if I'll watch the movie or not or whether it will impress me or not....but your review of the movie has surely impressed me....trust me, you can give Masand a run for his money ;-)

astuti on February 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM said...

Thanks Swanti. That's so sweet of you. :) But honestly sweetie, as you are my friend, you are bound-by-law to be biased about it. :P

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos