Sunday, September 26, 2010

Why do I blog?

Posted by astuti at 9:27 AM
Writing, to me, is an extended form of what I feel. I write to clear my head. I write when something bothers me. And I write when I feel strongly about something I have seen or undergone. Private musings I put out there to see if people at large agree with my take on life! My world's complicated that way... good-bad. happy-sad. love-hate... are just words... just expressions... just feelings...


Like all regular bloggers, I enjoy comments from friends or anonymous readers. I like them when they are positive (who doesn't eh?). But I especially like them when my reader, is not in complete agreement and has a different perspective on my thought. It invariably always leads to an interesting conversation (if it's with a friend) or interesting exchange (if it's someone anonymous).


Like many other bloggers, I have also wanted to add a subject of interest to my blog; like my husband says "why would some complete stranger want to read what you are saying?". But on that one front, I have completely failed. I admire bloggers, who can constantly write on a specific subject, like work, design, interiors etc; but I'm sorry to say I am not one of them. I think it's because I'm more perplexed by and interested in, "people"... what they say? how they say it? what makes them hurt others? etc... The psyche of a human mind- whether mine or someone else's; totally enchants me. And so, my blog like me, is a string of constantly changing moods and emotions. You also get to see my other interests- books, music, travel and movies on my blog. But if you'd pay attention, you'd see that they are also, almost always, about people at large. 


So, yes I am not a perfect blogger, but I intend to blog nevertheless. My blog is definitely an open forum for exchange of different perspectives, but seriously... its essentially just me! :)

1 comments:

Vinay Pydah said...

Nice commentary on blogging, through a blog post ;-)
Kind of a universe within a universe within a universe loop, no?

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos