Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Astu!

Posted by astuti at 7:46 AM
If I could wish something for myself, this birthday I would wish for peace in my heart, confusions out of my head, a fitter body and a happier soul. I want a change from the life as I know it now and want to strive to become a better individual. (cliche' but true!) If I'm being honest, I also want people to love me for being myself and understand what makes me tick. I want to be that special person who lights them up with just her presence. Oh and did I forget to say I wanna runaway? Yup at twenty six, that's exactly what I want to do.

I'm 26. Youth as we know it, is officially on it's way out. I'm on the other side of twenties. You are supposed to have had the best years of your life by now. The carefree years, where you have quite literally done it all. But when I look back at the list of "Ten things to do" I had made some years ago, I have not done too many still... Ok being positive let me first check the things I did manage-
PG Degree- check
Become an AVM- check
Dance class- check
Get a tattoo- check

Now for the things still pending...
Trip abroad
Learn an instrument
28" waistline
River rafting
Parasailing / scubadiving and
Seing snow.

It's funny, when I think of my "ideal life" I don't think about the company I work 3/4th of my life for, or the boss who upsets me with his disapproval. I don't think about the countless cribs I spend being stressed about or the baby I have been trying too hard to get. I do however think about the passion for music and travel that still lies in my heart, of harmony in my body and mind and true companionship.

I hate this self awareness that's irritating me right now like a popup in my brain's screen that just reads "What have you done to change things? Do you really love yourself?"

If I loved myself as much as the people I love, I would wish for me a greater self awareness, a stronger self respect, and an appetite for excitement. I'd wish the world conspires to make all my wishes come true.... :)

So I guess it's in my hands afterall. I can always make the changes. I can spend sometime falling in love with myself. I can take things in control and not loose sight of things I want to do. So here's wishing 2009-10 becomes the ideal year I turn back to, when I had it all and loved my life. The year when I finally fell in love... with myself ofcourse!

6 comments:

Roy on March 3, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

Hello A-S-T-U-T-I,

Happy birthday girl!

So you’re celebrating 26 again :)

Liked the thought so much:

when I think of my "ideal life" I don't think about the company I work 3/4th of my life for, or the boss who upsets me with his disapproval. I don't think about the countless cribs I spend being stressed about or the baby I have been trying too hard to get. I do however think about the passion for music and travel that still lies in my heart, of harmony in my body and mind and true companionship.

Wish you all the best for the things still pending...

Cheers!
Roy

Anonymous said...

your feeling of wanting to run away seems to be cropping from your being 'confused' !!!

also, to love your life, you need to do things that you love and want to do (travel and music) or anything else. on the contrary, there could be factors that move you away from 'loving your life'. so, take your pick.

wish you luck with life

belated happy birthday

astuti on March 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM said...

@ Roy: Well I actually did turn 26, but you already knew that! :) And thanks for the appreciation and wishes.

@ Anonymous:Thanks for the insight. And thanks for the wishes.

Life Of A Domestic Diva on May 15, 2009 at 1:04 PM said...

I think you and I need to have a one on one asap :-I I'm not amused!!

Clinton Rozario on August 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM said...

"I want to be that special person who lights them up with just her presence"

Who says you don't? If you're looking for the same reaction like when Brad Pitt walks into a room, well, .. you're just ONE movie away from that. So close!

If you walk in (or bump into people ;), and you see genuine wide smiles, you know you're special.

astuti on August 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM said...

@ Clint: That's seriously so cute, it makes me smile! Thanks for that buddy, really needed it! :)

ANd yea, I simply lurrrrved your comparison of me and Brad Pitt! Angelina- Beware! :P

Post a Comment

 

Astu Talks... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos